I will be continuing with the 9 Q’s story shortly, but I have run a test of the 9 NPC questions, using the same dice drop table from the RND magazine.
So I present – Orlar Stanison, Human Male [Name from Donjon]
So taking the 9 questions and rolling results from the die table I discover this;
- What is the NPCs role in the world?
- Money Lender / Banker
- Where is the NPCs current home / home-base?
- Out of town, on map so ‘home’ is a little distant from current living/working
- What is the NPC’s signature or unique talent?
- What is the NPC’s special knowledge about others?
- Family Connections, whom is related to who and how the families interact
- What is the NPS’s special item/tool/possession?
- Magical Dagger
- What is the NPC’s true relationship to … Home?
- Will change over time, currently more distant than liked.
- What past experience has shaped the NPC’s current self?
- Negotiated a piece between warring families
- What current situation is the NPC currently embroiled in?
- Currently separated from wife & family
- What future goal does the NPC hope to attain?
- Travel and see unusual animals.
An interesting set of results, I kind of like Orlar but I don’t see him in Tarik’s story.
Also I’m not sure how the current situation & future goals combine into next steps, or link to possible adventure hooks. Maybe you can write the next chapter?